Registration and Morning Tea
Welcome & Chairperson's Opening Address
Dr. Henry A. Adimula, Principal / Chief Executive, The Petroleum Training Institute
Session 4：Active Projects Update – Opportunities in West Africa Offshore Upstream Market
How to Build a Local Content System Gradually from the National Point of View
Abdulmalik Halilu, General Manager, Research & Statistics, Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
● Mr. Abdulmalik Halilu is currently the Director, Planning, Research and Statistics of NCDMB, where he is responsible for corporate planning, maintaining the repository of statistical data on local content indicators through the Nigerian Oil and Gas Joint Qualification System, in addition to managing the Research & Development mandate of the Board. He is also responsible for the development of policies and guidelines for the effective implementation of the NOGICD Act, coordinate activities of the Nigerian Content Consultative Forum, Expatriate Quota administration and the operationalization of the E -Market place.
● A policy development expert, he holds a Master Degree in Development Studies and has multi-disciplinary experience in oil and gas, development banking, utilities, agriculture, manufacturing, renewable energy, supply chain management, project management etc. He is a Fellow of Nigerian Institute of management (chartered), a certified project management professional and a member of Kaduna Golf club.
Opportunities for Hydrocarbon Exploration in The Gambia
Kanni Touray, Deputy Director General, Petroleum Commission, Gambia
Ms. Kanni Touray obtained a bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Wales, Cardiff in 2011. In 2012, she was called to the BAR of England and Wales after successfully completing the BAR Professional Training Course from the University of Law, Bloomsbury. She later obtained a master’s degree in international Commercial Law in 2016 from the University of Birmingham. From 2013 to 2019, she worked at the Attorney General’s Chambers and Ministry of Justice of the Republic of The Gambia as State Counsel and Senior State Counsel. In 2019, she was appointed Deputy Commissioner of Petroleum under the Ministry of Petroleum and Energy. In 2021, after the enactment of the Petroleum Commission Act, she was appointed Deputy Director General of the Petroleum Commission of the Republic of The Gambia.
Revitalising Multi-Client Investments in Nigeria: Accelerating Exploration Activity for Explosive Growth in the Oil and Gas Sector
Johnny Chigbo, Director of Business Development – Africa, Mediterranean & Middle East Business Development Manager - Africa, Mediterranean & Middle East, TGS
Johnny is a seasoned geophysicist and forward-thinking business strategist in the energy sector. He transitioned into a proficient business development manager specializing in the Gulf of Guinea region for TGS. Over his 18-year journey, he has amassed extensive technical expertise and a global perspective in the oil and gas G&G services, navigating through proprietary and multi-client business landscapes, having contributed his skills to prominent seismic consulting and service entities such as Gardline Geosurvey, LR Senergy, and ION Geophysical in the UK. Johnny holds a Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics (Geophysics) from Ambrose Alli University, Nigeria and a Master of Science in Petroleum Geophysics from Imperial College, London.
Networking Coffee Break and Exhibition
Project Panel Discussion:
Discover and Build Offshore Oil and Gas Projects in West Africa to Drive Regional Development and Influence
● How to discover the valuable reservoirs: positive teamwork of all related parties
● Importance of significant discoveries and how to drive more attention and investment for regional development
● Experience sharing and communications between West African countries, IOCs and contractors to booming the offshore upstream industry
● Ongoing infrastructure and security problems and what’s the solutions?
Ifeanyi Onyegiri,Senior Analyst, Sub-Saharan Africa,Welligence Energy Analytics
He is a highly driven, thorough and confident engineer with a strong desire to acquire practical knowledge and learn new skills needed to become an independent, flexible and reliable professional, with a drive for continuous self-improvement. Possesses and displays appreciable strengths that cut across a wide range of skills, especially the use of extensive research and analytical thinking in developing and deploying industry best practices and technological forward techniques in solving problems.
Kanni Touray,Deputy Director General,Petroleum Commission, Gambia
Kunle Bakare, Chief Geoscientist / Exploration Manager,First Exploration and Petroleum Development Company
Nigeria: Offshore Exploration Strategy and Investment Plan of NNPC
● Offshore projects updates and overview after the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) 2021
● Incentive plan and activities to meet production quota by the OPEC
● Progress of examination and approval for FID of Bonga North Block (OML118) and Preowei
● Blocks opening for new investors: Bosi, Satellite Field Development Phase 2, Uge and etc.
Michael Arokodare, Group Executive Director, Finance & Accounts, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Session 5：The Innovative Technology to Achieve Offshore Exploration and Construction with Reduced Cost and Improved Efficiency
Training and Human Capital Development for Oil and Gas Industry
Dr. Henry A. Adimula,Principal / Chief Executive,The Petroleum Training Institute
● Dr. Adimula has had a distinguished career at the Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Nigeria and held various offices of high responsibilities. He built a team of motivated staff, promoted and nurtured harmonious working relationships and forged beneficial partnerships with professional societies. As Director of Research and Development he established a 5-year plan for transforming the research culture of the Institute and created research clusters to address the various technological challenges of the oil and gas industry with a goal to developing home grown technology and to deepen the Nigerian content in the oil and gas industry.
● Dr. Adimula work top management to formulate policies and the strategic directions for the Institute and repositioning the Institute to better respond to the emerging trends in the oil and gas industry and leading the Institute to become a skills-certifying centre for the oil and gas industry in Nigeria. As the Principal/CE of the Petroleum Training Institute, he has been embarking on projects and initiatives aimed at more closely aligning the Institute to solving the technological challenges and the training needs of the oil and gas.
● Dr. Adimula is well respected for his research works seeking solutions to the problems of pollution of the environment. He is a two time winner of the PTDF Research Grant competition for his research to ‘develop immobilized oil degrading microorganisms in local cellulosic materials for rapid deployment in the remediation of oil polluted soil’.
Women’s Contribution and Professional Work Experience for Offshore Industry
Dr. Oladunni Owo, National President,Women in Energy, Oil and Gas (WEOG)
● Dr. Oladunni Owo is currently the CEO and Principal Consultant Blackgold Energy Authorities and Advisory Consult, Director of External relations for Federal University of Petroleum resources (Contract); Director of External Relations , Global lnnovation lnstitute (GINI) Nigeria; Committee Chair, Refining E&T SWG , Nigerian Content Consultative Forum, NCDMB; National President - Women in Energy, Oil and Gas (WEOG) Nigeria, Member Technical Steering Committee, Nigeria Oil and Gas Conference and many others.
● Oladunni Owo is a multi-award winning author of the Blackgold Refinery Business Made Easy and the Modular Solutions. An international corporate speaker and trainer, a versatile business expert and a management consultant with over 2 decade of vast professional experience in the Energy , Oil and Gas industry spanning the upstream, midstream, downstream, Renewables and New energies. She has core expertise and experience in Strategy and advisory, Supply chain management, Operations Management, Sales & Marketing, project and developmental finance amongst others. Oladunni is a Mathematician with very strong analytical prowess designing business decision models and strategies for oil and gas organizations.
● As an international consultant and trainer, Oladunni has mentored several start up and scale up businesses with major focus on people, process and profitability ensuring the companies made good return on investment (ROl) within realistic payback period. ln addition to this she has also consulted for the public sector at various levels, a member of the Nigerian Content Consultative Forum ( NCCF). She isa frequent Keynote speaker and technical trainer at oil and gas corporate events and have anchored several conferences, seminars, workshops, trainings, management retreat and staff induction program for organisations across several countries.
Networking Coffee Break and Exhibition
Technology Panel Discussion:
The Characteristics of Offshore Reservoir in West Africa and What are the High Effective Technologies Been Used?
● Characteristics and challenges of Offshore Reservoir in West Africa
● What are the effective technologies for discovering valuable reservoirs?
● Practices for the application of new technologies during the project development
● Which status of project could achieve reduced cost and improved efficiency now for West Africa region?
Maureen Adibuah,Managing Director, DHL Global Forwarding Nigeria
Timothy Kudar Jarry, Director, Exploration & Data Management, National Oil Company of Liberia (NOCAL)
Peter Mokayi, Production Operation Engineer, NEWCROSS E&P
Eng Balami Issac, CEO, 7 Star Group
Dr. Joshua Abey, Group Project Director/Executive Advisor, 7 Star Group
Production Optimization and Modern Production Technology
Peter Mokayi, Production Operation Engineer,NEWCROSS E&P
Engr Mokayi Oshevo Peter a renown practicing process engineer. Born on 4th of May 1982, he attended Etuno High School Igarra Edo State where he obtained his quality WASC/WAEC in 2000. He then proceeded to Federal Polytechnic Auchi, Edo Sate where he bagged Higher National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering -2007. Engr. Mokayi also graduated with masters in Mechanical Engineering management (M.Eng) from River State University in 2023. He has over 13-years’ experience in the Nigerian oil and Gas industry. As a personable, detail oriented, empathic engineering professional, he has received several recognitions and awards in Shell Petroleum Dev. Co Nigeria. Highly adaptable, impeccable oil & gas acumen, strong empathy & social skills, good time management with ability to identify stakeholder`s need and positive projection of company’s brand. Keen to make positive significant contribution in his work environment as a dependable and efficient employee. Highly resourceful to the organization and affable towards his colleagues.
Chairman’s Closing Remark and End Conference
LTS Innovate gathers professional and passionate talents to comprehensively investigate the underlying logic and hot trends of the industry and provide valuable first-hand information for senior professionals in Fortune 500 enterprises. We are aiming to create an experience sharing platform for experts, governments, associations, leading and unicorn companies in the global industry chain with outstanding ideas and technologies, and promote scientific and technological academic exchanges and business development worldwide.